Can we assume that technology is the center of all strategies in the enterprise. But the truth is that up to 20% of companies today do not take advantage of the technological advances that number.
Results of global survey by McKinsey shows, only a few companies grasp the technological advances of today: every 100 enterprises, only 15 of which applications to digitize over 50% of active business. The remaining companies only apply 10-15% digitized.
This relatively low rate means the number of the economy is still a long way. 2018, McKinsey & Company and McKinsey Global surveyed 1,600 companies worldwide. The result is that only 26% of sales worldwide came from digital channels. At the same time, only 31% of operations are automated and 25% interact in the supply chain are being digitized.
So the company did not fire is that time will go? They will forever lag? Or they can still catch up?
According to research results, the determinants of the digitization company can successfully divided into six elements make up the revenue and profit different.
Time: see companies that approach at the moment digitized early, medium or late.
Speed and sensitivity: the decision how to adjust to meet digital disturbance.
Efficiency and effectiveness: appropriate level of digitization to enhance benefits.
M & A: the willingness and ability to buy or merge with digital projects.
Diversify markets and products: development services of new market expanding with new products.
Attitudes toward others: competitive or seek to cooperate?
Of the six factors listed above, McKinsey draw three key factors need to be combined to achieve the effect. It is the speed and sensitivity, digital M & A and partnership with other firms.
3 elements, agility and acumen as a binder to ensure revenue and profitability in the application of digital – even if lower growth potential. Specifically in that acumen seems more important than speed. And the bottom line is that businesses need to promptly seize the opportunity to digitize.
Second, M & A Digital can be a way to return to the race. Merger or acquisition of digital companies can help companies catch up with the scale and add digital capability lacking. Among the M & A firm wants to digital, 45% said they want to expand the scale and the remaining 55% is to perfect the skills lacking digitized.
Finally answered questions should compete or cooperate with other carriers. Survey results showed that, among those it plans to digitize, 40% are looking to fight other firms, while 60% chose to cooperate. Competition is very risky; only one of 10 companies competing interest statement again and restore growth, cooperation is a better choice.
In short, companies are lagging behind can catch up with other firms with the flexibility to seize opportunities, M & A Digital and cooperation with the digital platform. Two factors allow the company to transfer digital while the first factor enabling them to test multiple choice quickly. And more than 66 as a result of companies applied% synthetic 3 this strategy has been successful.